Sunday, September 25, 2011

Facebook Profile

Hello again everyone,

Today I created my very first business oriented Facebook profile. It was kind of neat looking at a social media site from an employee's CV side rather than the way I often used it to casually interact with friends. I found it required a lot more planning and detail than a regular profile, as well as, more restricted content.


Picture 14

I chose to do a profile because I believe it allows me to be more creative in the content that I might want to add. I was able to include all my personal information that a future employer might want to see including: my full name, my address and my contact information. I was also able to include my work experience and my education under a separate section. Under the "about me" section I explained my
career goals, qualifications, awards
and achievements, volunteer experience, certificates and references. My friend Toni decided to go with creating a page rather than a profile, it looks great. If you want to see it, check out her blog.

A few things I plan to develop with my new online resume are: To add past employers and co-worker so I may keep them updated on successes that they helped me realize. This will also give them an opportunity to comment on my profile about their experience working with me; almost like casual letters of reference future employers may look at. I would also like to include information about my field of study under my posts on my wall to keep the public updated on nutrition and naturopathic topics.

One change I would recommend to make with Facebook is to allow the addition of different headers under the information section of the profile. This would allow for better organization when including a detailed resume rather than clumping half of it into the "about me section." If anyone has any suggestions for me on how to fix that or make it seem more flowing, please comment on this post and let me know. Thanks

Have a great week :)

Image from:
jdesaute. (2011). Professional Facebook Profile [digital image], retrieved on September 25, 2011 from: http://www.flickr.com/photos/67941823@N03/6184290928/

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jamie,

    Your blog looks great. It's very informative and is visually appealing with all the photos.

    Can you tell me more about your name, Liver Lover?

    Thanks!
    Cassandra McKenzie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Cassandra,

    Thank you very much, I am glad you like it. My name for the blog when I first started the semester was Jamie in ALES. I knew I didn't want to keep that name, I needed something more original. When we were told to add five professionals in our field on Twitter, I did and I saw one post in particular that was about naturopathy. It talked about the human liver and how dugs damage it and leave us with bad side effects. Using naturopathic remedies enforces the protection of our liver and since my career goal is to become a naturopath I figure Liver Lover was suitable.

    ReplyDelete